Pe’ Sla: The Heart Of All That Is: Help Save the Lakota Heart Land!
Pe’ Sla is an area in the Black Hills of South Dakota (just west of Rapid City) that is considered by the Lakota people to be the Center and heart of everything that is. It is part of our creation story. It is a sacred place. We perform certain ceremonies at Pe’ Sla which sustain the Lakota way of life and keep the universe in harmony.
This area is currently owned by the Reynolds family. They plan to auction off almost 2,000 acres on August 25, 2012 to the highest bidder. It is likely that the state of South Dakota will put a road directly through Pe’ Sla and open up this sacred place for development.
The seven bands of the Lakota/Dakota/Nakota Oyate (people) aka Oceti Sakowin (Great Sioux Nation) have a collective effort to buy as much of Pe’Sla as we can at this auction (although we also believe that the land cannot be owned and that our sacred places were illegally taken by the United States). Yet we are trying to work within the current U.S. laws to regain custody of our sacred sites and prevent future road and industrial development.
Our sacred ways must be protected and passed on to our future generations so that our children may live. This area of the Paha Sapa (Black Hills) is also home to many plants and animals who should also be protected. In fact, many consider that the area should possibly be a historical site, which would also assist in protecting it from future development as well.
As Lakota people, our ancestors prayed here, at Pe’ Sla, at certain times of year, when the stars aligned. We cannot go elsewhere to pray. We were meant to pray here. This is what they do not understand.
Please help the Lakota people. “Let us put our minds together and see what life we can make for our children.” (Chief Sitting Bull, 1877)
We have a group of young professional Native people that are dedicated to the promotion of education, health, leadership, and sovereignity among our indigenous Nations. Our goal is to assist in any way possible the purchase of Pe’ Sla by a collective effort of the seven bands of the Oceti Sakowin (Great Sioux Nation) - the Lakota/Dakota/Nakota people. All proceeds from this campaign will go towards that effort. This area would be open to tribal nations for ceremonial purposes. The plants, animals, water, and air in the area would be respected and honored. Please see http://www.lastrealindians.com/category/chase-i… for more information.
- blackcalendula likes this
- nymphet-erection likes this
- born-in-the-south-american-proud reblogged this from jalwhite
- joymadd likes this
- victory-in-defeat reblogged this from jalwhite
- lowlifeprincess likes this
- sansetto likes this
- fforestfloorr likes this
- d-oused reblogged this from jalwhite
- motox221 likes this
- lee-lou1 reblogged this from jalwhite
- bravepeterbraden reblogged this from jalwhite
- screamxyourheartout reblogged this from naduah
- makarovs likes this
- gensstuff reblogged this from ohdeargods
- you-infinite-apple reblogged this from ushistoryminuswhiteguys
- adventuresviapostcards reblogged this from imagesfade
- digitalmeowmix reblogged this from jalwhite
- boygeorgemichaelbluth reblogged this from tumblingkadri
- madameinquisitor likes this
- hiosdhgioadsk reblogged this from unfriendlybambi
- unfriendlybambi reblogged this from doomburgerdoodles
- wisherwell reblogged this from face--the--strange
- rapid-descent likes this
- vaticancameosordie reblogged this from chicagoartnerd
- chicagoartnerd reblogged this from sairobee
- commiphora reblogged this from alostbird
- healthybabypinetree likes this
- king-asshole reblogged this from youreyoungerthanyourealize
- 20863 reblogged this from sanityscraps
- spoonstrek reblogged this from sanityscraps
- sanityscraps reblogged this from ushistoryminuswhiteguys
- ranuel reblogged this from ushistoryminuswhiteguys
- ofgraceandsin likes this
- boxingthestars- reblogged this from lokicolouredglasses
- lokicolouredglasses reblogged this from lokicolouredglasses
- hollyhockdanu-inactive-blog reblogged this from jalwhite and added:
- caustic-ardor likes this
- thirdtimecharmed reblogged this from cucumberbatchin-gone
- babeofbiscay reblogged this from cucumberbatchin-gone
- soulofair reblogged this from cucumberbatchin-gone
- reggetti reblogged this from ifprototypelq-84i
- effeminatebutchbisexual reblogged this from safespacenetwork
- blackelement7 reblogged this from cucumberbatchin-gone
- suzzannnn likes this
- ifprototypelq-84i reblogged this from sashathespudqueenbraus and added:
- ifprototypelq-84i likes this
- ypmm likes this
- lunelust reblogged this from cucumberbatchin-gone
- hypotheticaldystopia likes this